Sunday, February 25, 2007

Goals for March

The "Goals" thing was really helpful so I'm going to pick it up again, at least for now.

Earth path:
Get outside for at least twice a week - this doesn't include walking to and from work, but going out for the specific reason of Going Out and visiting the deer herd, or seeing the plants start to return, or just walking out the door and following my feet.
Attend the Llyn Hydd Equinox ceremony
Create and lead the ritual for my pagan group
Do a solitary version of the AODA Alban Eiler ceremony
Daily meditation, including work with the Avalon stuff I just found

Water Path
I have had in mind for some time to start a Druidry discussion group - I am going to take steps this month to make it happen, probably by talking it over with my Llyn Hydd friends.

Fire Path
I want to really study the Candidate Initation - not from the perspective of one who has taken it but as one who may someday give it. I want to break it down and work with coming to understand it.

Air Path
I want to write two book reviews, of Piggot and Ellis, and post them here. I've been looking at the ADF Dedicant program, and while I still don't particularly want to get involved with the ADF, they are a large and important Druid group and I would like to come to know them better, so I'm starting in on some of the Dedicant work. Most of it overlaps nicely with AODA work, so I see at as a sort of a supplement to the Air Path. I might do my "modern Druidry" paper on the ADF.

Spirit Path
I feel like this part of the path is kind of on hold for me - I have enough else going on right now that I'm not going to think in any explicit way about this aspect this month. Some of it is always churning along in the background, though.

Music Spiral
Practice my tin whistle every day; play "The Parting Glass" nicely

Divination spiral
I've started a practice of drawing an Ogham before bed, reading the entry on it in Mountfort, and falling asleep meditating on it. I'm continuing this practice through March until I have done this with each one at least once.

Wool spiral
Continue with my crochet project and with spinning practice. I want to learn to knit this month as well. I would like to be able to consistently produce workable yarn with the spindle by the end of the month. We'll see.

1 comment:

Maebius said...

Here's some warm fuzzies your way as a means of encouragement. Goals are fun. I need to find some concrete ones myself. *wink*